Simple advice to become Dynamics 365 / Power App Developer when you are a .NET Developer
- Learn about Entities first, they are like SQL tables with some restrictions and a lot of metadata
- Power Apps Maker (https://buff.ly/3xUTlOV) is like an SQL Manager studio / editor for your Entities
- Start from the outside: Leverage the WebAPI first to talk to entities from your own application code
- Use the Microsoft.PowerPlatform.Dataverse.Client package instead of making your own request to WebAPI
- Most column data types are normal but learn how to handle the unique EntityReference (=Lookup aka foreign key) and OptionSetType (=like an enum) in Dataverse.
Becoming an expert in Dynamics 365 / Power App Developer is just getting to know Entities (=tables)!
What’s your best piece of advice?